WHAT IS THE AVA?
- AVA Members share information with each other regarding the management of Accounts Receivable and the risks of extending credit.
- We deal in factual information, based on each member’s own dealings with specific apartment customers and management companies.
- Members voluntarily report their experiences in extending credit, so that other members may make sound credit decisions.
- Members share this information through monthly written reports, our website forum, and monthly lunch meetings.
- We also share individual tips and tricks on collecting past due debt and dealing with customers.
HOW WILL THE AVA BENEFIT ME?
Through our exclusive network of members, we have assembled a wide variety of vendors who can work with you to answer questions about accounts receivables and Atlanta apartment management community’s sometimes high risk clientele.
- Access to forums, monthly luncheons, and over 50 years of accumulated knowledge of the apartment industry for a minimal yearly fee.
- Membership partners focus on AR and Credit Managers, and business owners—the ones who deal directly with getting invoices paid.
- The AVA represents over a dozen different trade industries servicing the Atlanta apartment community. You get a BROAD view of potential customer’s ability and willingness to pay.
- Members share knowledge of OTHER persons you can contact for resolution on unpaid invoices, beyond the property manager.
- Find out about potential ownership/management changes in advance, not days later from a letter that was sent out at closing.
- If an answer is needed before the next monthly meeting, you can post your question to our forum. Answers are often provided the same day.
There is a small annual memb ership fee and members are required to maintain an “active” status. This means submitting at least five monthly reports per year and attending five monthly luncheons per year.